Tonight, for Sunday night dinner, I made some seriously yummy tacos! The best part about them were the taco shells that were made of cheese!! My boyfriend is on the keto diet, which is basically no carbs and high fat, so we decided to try out some cheese shells instead of tortilla. They were delicious! I started with provolone rounds seasoned with chili powder and garlic salt and then tried out shredded taco cheese blend. While the provolone was very good, the taco cheese blend had more spice and flavor, so I preferred that cheese more. I placed the cheese on a greased baking sheet and baked at 357 degrees for 8-9 minutes, until it was golden brown. I then placed them over the side of a bread baking dish to form them into taco shells.
For the chicken, I placed almost 3 lbs. of chicken breast into the crockpot, covered it with the juice of two limes (put the whole limes in there too), a packet of taco seasoning and a jar of salsa. I put the crockpot on low for about 5-6 hours. Then took the chicken breast out and shredded the chicken, note* I put the chicken back into the crock pot which I don't recommend, it was way to juicy!
I garnished with some avocado, pico de gallo and sour cream!
I am so excited that after a VERY long winter, gardening season has finally begun! It might sound so boring, but I love to garden! I think for the same reason why I like hunting, you supply yourself with food you have harvested yourself; you know where it came from and how it was treated. Something about going outside to your garden and picking the vegetables, fruits etc. that you want to eat for your breakfast, lunch or dinner is so special. We live in a world where virtually anything we want is available at our finger tips, at any time. One might think it's easier to go to the grocery store and get what you want, but having the patience for something to grow or stalking an animal while hunting, makes it much more worth the experience and to me, makes the food taste that much better! Gardening is a pretty easy activity, that really anyone of any age can do! But the best of all is that it gets you outside and enjoying nature.
Parker digging holes for me! Such a good little helper!
Violet guarding her jalapeño plant.
This year we planted:
* We are in Zone 4- makes sure to check your zone before planting :)
- Tomatoes- red and yellow cherry, beefsteak and black prince
- Yellow squash
- Mammoth Jalapeno peppers
- Sweet green pepper
- Herbs: mint ,basil and thyme
Comment with what you are planting or any tips!
This Sunday I made grilled spot prawns with avocado salsa and let me tell you it was delicious!! The spot prawns still have their shells on, so they won't dry out on the grill and the avocado salsa has the perfect amount of heat, crunch and flavor!
Here's what I did!
- 12 spot prawns ( enough for 2 people) with skin on
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- Salt & pepper to season
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno diced and seeds removed
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 bunch of cilantro chopped
- Juice of 2 limes- plus one more lime for garnish
- Handful of cherry tomatoes quartered
- 2 avocados sliced into small chunks
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start charcoal is a charcoal chimney to heat up the coals
- Skewer the prawns, tails up to head
- drizzle with olive oil and coat using hands
- Season with salt and pepper
- Make the salsa: add all salsa ingredients to a bowl and gently toss with a spoon, let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Once the charcoal is ready ( make sure they aren't too hot) add the shrimp.
- Cook for about 2.5 minutes each side, or until it looks opaque and cooked through.
- Take off grill and top with the salsa! Use the remaining lime wedges to garnish the plate.
Thanks for Stopping By!
Thanks for visiting Chace & Co.! My name is Victoria Chace Gray and I am the owner of this online retail store and the Chace & Co brand. I grew up shooting, hunting and fishing my whole life, but also have a passion for fashion. I decided to intregrate the two into the Chace & Co store. I believe woman can be both feminine and love the outdoors and also be feminine in the outdoors! I hope on my website, you can find items you enjoy and information for the feminine outdoor woman in you! Chace & Co. is about styles I love and styles I wear in the field and out on the town. In addition to the store, I hope to bring my experiences to you through my blog, on Instagram and Facebook.