Chicken Thighs With Sun-dried Tomatoes and Cream Sauce!
This Sunday I prepared a chicken thigh dish that was AMAZING! In the end I had crispy chicken thighs and a delicious cream sauce! I found this recipe because I was looking around for low carb, high fat, keto diet recipe and thought this was definitely worth a try!
I added wine to this recipe to add some more flavor and it was so delicious. The only thing I had trouble with was once the chicken was in the oven, you need to stir around the sauce once in a while so it doesn't burn or dry up. Otherwise, super easy and yummy recipe! Highly recommend trying it!
Here's the recipe!
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of butter- maybe more
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more, to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes- in a jar
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan- 1/4 more melting and 1/4 for sprinkling on top
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- About three- four large basil leaves chopped to garnish with
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pat dry and season chicken thighs with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat add a little olive oil too. Place the chicken, skin-side down in pan until golden brown. Remove from pan and place on a plate.
- Add some more butter and olive oil to the pan if the pan seems dry. Then add the garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Slowly pour in chicken broth,wine and heavy cream. Let it come to a simmer.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes, parmesan, thyme, and basil.
- Bring to simmer and reduce heat to low until it is reduced by half.
- Return chicken to the skillet.
- Place all of it into oven and cook until the chicken is completely cooked through, about 175 degrees F, 25 or so minutes.
- Sprinkle the fresh basil and parmesean on top and enjoy!
* I served mine with leftover zucchini and squash spears!
*recipe inspired from http://damndelicious.net/2014/11/22/chicken-sun-dried-tomato-cream-sauce/print/