Spot Prawns with Avocado Salsa!
This Sunday I made grilled spot prawns with avocado salsa and let me tell you it was delicious!! The spot prawns still have their shells on, so they won't dry out on the grill and the avocado salsa has the perfect amount of heat, crunch and flavor!
Here's what I did!
- 12 spot prawns ( enough for 2 people) with skin on
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- Salt & pepper to season
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno diced and seeds removed
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 bunch of cilantro chopped
- Juice of 2 limes- plus one more lime for garnish
- Handful of cherry tomatoes quartered
- 2 avocados sliced into small chunks
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start charcoal is a charcoal chimney to heat up the coals
- Skewer the prawns, tails up to head
- drizzle with olive oil and coat using hands
- Season with salt and pepper
- Make the salsa: add all salsa ingredients to a bowl and gently toss with a spoon, let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Once the charcoal is ready ( make sure they aren't too hot) add the shrimp.
- Cook for about 2.5 minutes each side, or until it looks opaque and cooked through.
- Take off grill and top with the salsa! Use the remaining lime wedges to garnish the plate.