The BEST Way to Cook Pheasant!
I have tried a lot of recipes cooking pheasant and every time it turns out dry! Well, not anymore! This is the BEST way to cook pheasant:
Pheasant breast (my recipe calls for 4 breasts)
2 tbsp. of cream
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 cups depending on size of pan of canola, vegetable or peanut oil. Enough oil to fry the strips.
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
And whatever other seasoning you like!
1. Breast the pheasant, just like you would do with a chicken.
2.Grab a meat mallet and pound pheasant until thin.
3. Cut the pheasant into strips.
4. Scramble 2 eggs with fork in a bowl, then add cream.
5. Pour flour, breadcrumbs and spices into another bowl, mix until combined.
6. Coat the pheasant in egg and cream mixture.
7. Coat the pheasant in breadcrumbs and flour mixture
8. Heat vegetable, canola or peanut oil over medium heat until it is about 350 degrees.
9. Place breaded pheasants into oil and cook until golden brown, 2-3 minutes.
10.Flip over and cook the other side.
11.Repeat until all pheasant tenders are cooked!
Serve with mashed potatoes and gravy, hot sauce or ketchup!